CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD CITIZEN
HONESTY is the most important characteristic of good citizenship. Denbigh students are expected to be honest in their work, leisure, and relationships with others.
COMPASSION is the emotion that you feel when you genuinely care for other people and living things. At Denbigh, our compassion enables us to think about others and see the importance of their needs.
RESPECT for self and others is an important citizenship trait. Self-respect allows us to take pride in our behaviors and our work. Respect for others ensures that every one of our students genuinely feels a part of Denbigh High School. Respecting others also means valuing different ideas and points of view.
RESPONSIBILITY is the skill of becoming accountable and responding wisely. Denbigh students take responsibility for their learning and social wellbeing and recognize their duty to represent our school positively.
COURAGE means doing the things that may be difficult or unpopular in order to help others. Denbigh students are expected to make wise and ethical choices.
India is a big Country with diversity in Religions,Cultures and Traditions and I believe this makes India stand out and We Indians can really be proud of this.
But as India is developing it is taken off by many issues from Corruption to Pollution to many more.And on a day to day basis we find many new issues cropping up…But a as Responsible of Citizen of India did we ever tried to do our bit except for shouting at the Government….In most of the case even for a simpler matter we will blame the Government rather than trying to solve the issue and I guess that make the matter more worse…
Nevertheless remember we citizens are the one who are solely responsible for the development of this country and in this post I will share some simple points which I believe is not so difficult to follow in our day to day life..Remember “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
We all are aware of our Fundamental Duties,if not then here it is and Even if we follow these fundamental duties we will surely be doing our bit in making India a Great Country..
So lets look at the points that make us a Good and Responsible Citizen…
- Obey Laws and Respect Authority-Don’t break laws and also refrain others for doing so.If not satisfied by any Law use Constitutional means to change the Law.
- Civic and Social Duty should be performed-Be aware about the issues affecting the society and provide solutions to them,Vote intelligently and Pay Taxes by proper means and use acts like RTI,RTE for the good of the society.
- Keep your surroundings and locality clean,Use Dustbin,Care for Public Property and Other People’s Property.
- Be Honest to your Country and Fellow Citizen
- Develop a deep sense of Patriotism towards you Country,Respect your Country’s Social and Economic Policies,Always contribute to the Welfare of our Country.
- Must be able to teach the Younger Generation to show Respect and Love towards the Country.
- Make your Country Proud when visiting other Nations,Never speak bad about your Country.
- Help the Poor and Needy and Provide great Hospitality to both Foreign and Local Tourist.
This is it..and I guess its just simple 8 steps to make our Country a Great One and This not only applies to Indian Citizens but also to Citizens of Other Nations.. 🙂
Please share your views and comment if I have missed out anything.. :-).
And lastly a Cartoon Strip for all to enjoy.. 🙂
*Click on the image for better view…