Sample Cover Letter - I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence
Rahul Ram Gupta
123 Park Avenue, Apt 45,
Edison, NJ 08837
Phone: (732) 391-9293
United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, VT 05479
November 18, 2005
Manisha Devi Agrawal: A 123-456-7890
Jay Agrawal: A 123-456-7891
Dear Sir or Madam:
Enclosed please find the JOINT Form I-751, Petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status for my wife Manisha Devi Agrawal and her son Jay Agrawal. My wife and her son entered the U.S. on immediate relatives immigrant visa.
I am enclosing the following:
- Application fee - $205
- Form I751
- Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)
- 2 photographs
- Copy of our joint U.S. tax return for the year 2004
- Copy of a recent statement from our stock broker at Merrill Lynch
- Copy of the tax statement for 2004 that we received for our joint checking account at Bank of America
- Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership
- Copy of our credit cards (MasterCard) showing a joint account
- Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy
- Copy of our Costco Club cards on a joint account
- Copy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we have planned in January 2006
Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date, if required. You are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so.
Rahul Ram Gupta
Please read and follow the form filing instructions. Form fees, eligibility requirements, fee waiver eligibility, required documents and mailing addresses vary depending on the form you are filing and why you are filing. These tips will help ensure we accept your application, petition, or request package for processing.
Complete Your Form Accurately
- Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject and return any unsigned form.
- Use the most current form version. We prefer that you download forms from our website, complete them electronically, and then print your forms to submit.
- Complete the entire form.
- If you hand write your answers, use black ink. Make sure your entries are neat, legible and within the space provided.
- Do not use highlighters or correction fluid or tape. The scanners we use will not properly read information that is greyed out, highlighted or corrected using correction fluid or tape.
- If you make an error, start over with a clean form.
- If filing multiple forms, write your name, date of birth, and A-Number (if any) exactly the same way on each form.
- Pay the correct fee. We will reject forms submitted with incorrect or incomplete fees.
Assemble Your Application, Petition, or Request
- We recommend assembling your package in the following order:
- Check or money order (Write the form you are filing and your A-Number or other applicable identification on the check or money order.)
- Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification (if applicable)
- Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative (if applicable)
- Form being filed
- Supporting documentation:
- Submit the documents or evidence listed in the form instructions.
- Supporting documents must be in English or accompanied by a complete English translation.
- Submit copies unless we request original documents. If you send an original document with your form, it may become part of the record and we will not return it to you automatically.
- If you have any attachments, make sure each attached page has your name and A-Number (if any). You may also number the pages and include the total amount of pages being attached (for example, “page 1 of 11”).
- Mark the envelope and the cover letter with the nature of the submission. For example, Original Submission, Brief for an Appeal, or Response to Request for Additional Information.
- Mark the envelope and the cover letter with the form number. For example, I-129, I-130, I-690 or I-698.
- In preparing your packet, remember:
- Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
- Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
- Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
- Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
- Do not submit originals unless specifically required.
- Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.
- If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or fasteners.
- If you are resubmitting the packet in response to a Request for Evidence (RFE), please place the notice requesting the additional evidence/information on the top of the packet. Also, please use the special mailing envelope provided.
- If you are submitting evidence in support of a previously filed appeal or motion, place a cover letter with “Brief for (Appeal/Motion)” on top of the packet.
Mail Your Application, Petition, or Request
- Mail your forms to the address listed on that form’s webpage. You may submit your forms through USPS, FedEx, DHL, or UPS.
- If you mail your applications, petitions, or requests to the wrong filing location, we may reject it as improperly filed and return it to you to re-file.
Share This Page