"As the recent studies show, the impact of the great amounts of school homework on the mental health of young students is obvious."
A researcher who would like to stress the negative impact of overloaded schedule on the health of an average student has a chance to succeed if he develops the research paper based on the discussed cause and effect essay topics in the society. We will reveal the top recommended cause and effect topics in this article and provide some valuable tips on writing this type of assignment.
FIND OUT HOW EASY IT IS
It may be difficult to handle the assignment on particular cause and effect ideas. If you need the highest possible score on the homework or another academic project, try purchasing custom writing essays from the web’s leading experts in the preferred field of study.
Cause and Effect Topics: What Does This Type of Essay Stand for?
Before covering the top ideas for the cause and effect topics, it is critical to define the meaning of this essay. It is a high school/college/university academic assignment. Things are interrelated in this world, and this type of paper shows how one event may lead to the effects of other events, expected or unexpected. Have you heard of “the butterfly effect?” Watch a movie of the same title to catch the main idea of this phenomenon. That is what a student may discuss. It is one of the possible cause and effect essay topics. The length of cause & effect essay can be something like 500-1000 words (2-3 pages). The size of the final cause/effect draft depends on the amount of causes and effects a writer decides to describe (body paragraphs). A reason/effect essay outline is different from other essays.
Cause and Effects Essay Topics: Paper’s Outline
Despite the chosen cause and effect essay topics, start with a powerful, attention-grabbing introduction.
Professional Approach to Writing Introduction
The opening paragraph must begin with the hooking sentence to make the work stand out from the pool of similar essays and make the reader wonder about the content. What is a hook? It could be anything: from a famous quote to interesting statistics. It depends on how well the student searches the related sources to pick the most inspiring quotation for the opening sentence. In most cases, an interesting, shocking fact works the best. Look at the way popular bloggers/journalists attract an audience with the help of effective hooks. The difference is it is critical to use 100% accurate fact proved by the supporting evidence while working on the academic piece. “Did you know that violence in the family leads to more than 40% of runaways in the United States?” This statistic could introduce one of the good cause and effect topics related to the teen problems. After that, provide a brief background on the problem. Explain what family violence is, and why the increasing amount of runaways matters for the country. The final stage is to write a thesis statement – the paper’s core claim/argument, which explains the significance of the researched problem to the target audience. “The increasing number of runaways in the United States leads to the lower employment rates and a higher level of homelessness (effects), and that is why a local government should study this problem in-depth to take the corresponding preventive measures.” This one will do.
Creating a Sound Thesis!
A thesis may depend on whether the writer focuses on causes or effects alone. In the 1st situation, it may sound, “The increasing number of runaways in the United States is the primary cause of the range of social/legal issues.” In the 2nd case, the thesis may be, “The main effects of various problems with teens are the decrease in the literacy rates among the population of the United States.”
Working on Body Paragraphs
It is critical to make a whole, logical story out of the reason/effect essay body paragraphs. Each of them starts with the particular cause/effect of some events, relevant to the selected cause & effect essay topics. That would be the main sentence. The next thing a writer should do is mention the supporting evidence. To insert specific in-text citations, it is important to conduct primary research to collect the relevant, credible, up-to-date sources. Avoid choosing sources that are older than 5 years. Modern teachers require the freshest sources.
What is more important is to include proper transition words to show the way every opening sentence of the paragraphs is related to the closing sentence of the previous paragraph. Apply transition words, phrases, or entire paragraphs. That is why an essay on any cause and effect topics may be longer than the academic papers of other types and have a different structure. Transition words belong to the group of literary terms. The English language contains something about 100 transitional words/phrases, and we offer a brief list of the most commonly used:
- Because of
- Due to
- In the end
- If… then
Those are the examples of transition words. Each time a student works on another body paragraph, it is a good idea to mention the main section’s idea on the separate paper to write a conclusion faster.
Developing Memorable Conclusion
A conclusion is an abstract of the entire essay, but except for the text’s summary, it includes the final decision on the given subject, implementations, and some forecasts. Do not add any new information to the final paragraph. Avoid offering any new questions to observe because it is the end, and the writer should not leave the reader without answers or minimum hints. If you want, it is possible to finish the essay with a rhetorical question/prediction/shocking fact/humor. Do not forget to mention a thesis in a paraphrased way!
Expert tutors from the top colleges have gathered to write this article to provide each student with the answer to the following question: “What is a good cause and effect topic?” The next few sections are dedicated to the cause and effect essay topics list and methods to choose the best idea.
GET CHEAP CUSTOM PAPER HERE
What is a Good Cause and Effect Topic?
Some students may argue the main criterion of a good topic selection is whether those are easy cause and effect essay topics. Read the grading rubric. After that, it is possible to highlight the primary factors of choosing an idea to discuss:
- Sound title
- Relatedness to the subject
- Enough research information
- Student’s awareness
- Teacher’s appreciation
Have a look at the list of high school & college ideas. One of them could inspire your work!
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for High School
- Causes/effects of anorexia propaganda among teens
- Balanced scheduling in the educational institutions
- Causes and effects of air pollution
- Grandparents raising a child: causes & effects
- Being “gifted” label at school: Its results
- What may a poor exam preparation result in?
- What are the possible effects of overeating?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for College Students
- Major causes of insomnia
- Fast food restaurants impact on human health
- The meaning of fracking for the environment
- The advantages & disadvantages of acquisitions
- Influence of alcohol on nervous system
- Causes of the expanding prostitution/porn industry
- The pros & cons of technological progress
Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The adverse effects of assigning a lot of homework to school students
- Causes of owning a pet: The risks it possesses
- Causes of the rugby popularity in the US
- Which things make students drop out of college?
- Shorter school days and their pros & cons
- The impact of Pokémon Go on young generation
- Benefits of using spying apps on mobile phone
Historical Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Feminism’s causes for the marriage
- The causes and results of the World War II
- The causes & results of the Civil War in the United States
- Things a person will face after the betrayal in different religions
- Mexico: Causes of growing up in poverty
- The causes of War in Syria for the United States
- Causes & effects of racism
Simple Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Causes of the car crashes
- Music and human mental health
- Marrying at young age: causes & effects
- Children and Internet: causes & effects
- Causes and effects of earning low grades in college
- Drugs and human organism
- Causes of spending much money online
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Middle School
- What are the causes of telling lies to close people?
- Video game addiction: what are the causes?
- The influence of weather on the individual’s mood
- The way divorce impacts kids & its causes
- Growing up with one parent (incomplete family)
- The way stressful situations influence student’s brain & causes of stress
- Causes of global warming
That is a detailed answer to the question, “What are some cause and effect essay ideas?” If you would like to discuss more issues like the effects of the rare insect’s bite, things that provoke tsunami, or smoking during the pregnancy – go on! Come up with original and interesting ideas. If something goes wrong in the middle of the writing process, do not hesitate to contact professional online academic writers & editors to order a custom essay on any problem!
One of the high school essay contests nobblesàThis student wins the competition unfairlyàThe rest of the contest participants lose their hope to have justice for all. This sentence is a typical example of one of the cause and effect topics. Everything in the world is interrelated. Our article offers the top-preferred cause and effect essay topics from a variety of academic fields that will help students understand the way everything functions in this world.
GET PROMPT & CHEAP ONLINE HELP
Read the article to the end and think whether the offered information on cause & effect essays is enough to handle English Composition 101 homework assignment independently. Do you have any problems? In case the subject seems complicated, the deadline is tight, or you have problems with citing/referencing sources, professional academic cause-&-effect essay writers are waiting for your orders online to boost the performance of every student!
Cause and Effect Topics: What Does This Assignment Mean?
The definition of a term makes it easier to understand its essence. To choose interesting, relevant cause and effect essay topics, a student should know it is a separate type of academic writing assignment, given by high school & college teachers to see how well the students may explain the causes and effects of some events. The cause-&-effect paper shows how different things depend on each other.
When a patient attends the doctor, they do not start the treatment immediately – the doctor tries to detect the causes why the patient feels bad and analyzes the effects of the illness. After that, it is possible to recommend specific treatment. It is an example of how a student should choose the cause and effect topics.
While many students believe it is much easier to pick a subject on their own without having to write on the subject recommended by a teacher, others realize the truth: it could be much more difficult to choose the theme independently. It requires more efforts such as twice-longer research.
Working on the Cause & Effect Essay Outline: Structure & Components
Before exploring the cause and effect essay topics list, look at the examples of cause-&-effect paper’s outline. It will give a clue what to include in a cause and effect essay. The primary type of an outline is the multiple causal chains; the second outline structure = is known as the “domino effect” among field experts. This type of structure looks the following way:
- Effect 1
- Effect 2
- Effect 3
It means one factor can lead to numerous effects. Example: A powerful earthquake in the Indian Ocean led to the massive tsunami, destruction of several touristic zones, and thousands of deaths. While describing a medical problem such as some kind of disease, it is possible to include multiple effects.
It is the simplest structure. Another type of an outline is for the multiple cause and effect essay topics (many causes = many effects). When it comes to a domino cause-&-effect paper, please consider using the offered template:
- Cause & link 1
- Cause & link 2
- Cause & link 3
- Cause & link 4
- Cause & link 5
It is time to answer the disturbing question, “What are some cause and effect essay topics?”
What is a Good Cause and Effect Topic?
Understanding the requirements of the cause-&-effect paper prompt is the key success factor when it comes to selecting good cause and effect topics. A cause-&-effect paper should attract the reader from the opening line – its title. Keep in mind several basic principles of selecting cause & effect essay topics:
- Define the causes and effects. Take a pen and a separate piece of cause-&-effect paper to write down which ideas you plan to cover and their significance in the community. Highlight the interrelated subjects – it is possible to come up with a single cause for an effect or few.
- Decide on the suitable working for your thoughts. A student may understand the relationship between the subjects, but he/she may have no idea how to express the thoughts in a proper, clear manner.
- Select topics that make sense. Think about various things that may grab reader’s attention by putting yourself in the shoes of the target audience: What might seem interesting to you? Writing about the cause and effect essay topics associated with the school’s popularity or surviving the initial year in college may be okay to grab the attention of your peers.
- Find inspiration! No famous author/poet was able to create masterpieces without inspiration: from the hobby to the love of life. Remember: writing is an art!
BUY CAUSE-&-EFFECT ESSAY
70 Stunning Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Students of Different Academic Levels
“What is a good cause and effect topic?” Students who keep asking this question will discover 80 ideas in the list below. Choose based on the most relevant problems of society.
Cause and effect essay topics for college students
- The way non-profit organizations affect local communities
- Poor quality of water and its role in the healthcare industry
- More baby boomers achieve the retirement age: what’s next?
- People with disabilities: causes & effects of being unable to find a job
- Inadequate sanitation in our society
- The way mobile devices impact the development of business entities
- The correlation between playing violent video games and school behavior
- The effects of severe birth control for the society
- Causes of obesity among the US teens
- Things that make young girls suffer from Anorexia Nervosa
Cause and effect essay topics for middle school
- Causes & effects of living in poverty
- “The root of all evil”: things that lead to homelessness & unemployment
- Bullying in schools & its effects on mental health
- Things that make certain artists the most popular/sold in the world
- “Twilight”: Several causes + effects of its popularity
- Should students of different genders be forced to study separately?
- Why do many students believe school homework is useless?
- Why most of the US students say history is the most boring subject in the curriculum?
- Wearing school uniform: pros & cons
- The way labels like “gifted,” “talented,” or “popular” affect the school students
Cause and effect essay topics for high school
- Growing up with food insecurity: threats to children’s lives
- Ongoing discrimination/racism in schools
- Sexism’s role in the modern society
- Howe to lose/gain popularity in high school?
- What is the impact of the charter schools on the local educational system?
- Do “Pretty Little Liars” have a great impact on the modern students?
- Effects parents of children with ADHD face when they send them to regular public schools
- Remote education has certain perspectives for the future
- Sexual education in schools: Its advantages & disadvantages based on the effects
- Parent involvement in child’s education: causes & effects
Fun cause and effect essay topics
- Causes & effects of making laugh at the band’s drummers
- Turning home pet popular on the web
- Uploading the wrong photograph to personal Instagram
- Causes of “Harry Potter” replacing “Lord of the Rings” and effects of this change
- Do not miss a match – watch it online!
- How to get the benefits from using improved Internet connection (2G vs 4G)?
- Is having many friends on Facebook the guarantee of being famous?
- Things to ease the pain when the phone’s battery gets low outside
- Becoming successful entrepreneur by selling funny stuff
- Things that can make a modern student laughing out loud
Historical cause and effect essay topics
- The effects of colonialism for the world’s history
- Causes and effects of World War II
- World War veterans: the way those terrible events influenced their lives and mental health in particular
- GI Bill (the one that educates soldiers) and its role in the universities of the United States
- Long-lasting effects of the continuous slavery in the United States
- Christianity & Roman Empire
- How did Jewish population change after the events of World War II?
- Why did the Arab Spring start?
- What are the factors of continuous Mexican immigration to the United States?
- Growing interest in feminism in the 1960s vs 1970s
Simple cause and effect essay topics
- Things that make patients burn out
- Factors that can make a popular kid out of the outsider
- Open high school campus: Its benefits
- Things that can make a popular blogger out of an average student
- Why is Google more popular than Yahoo and other search engines?
- Which factors make people (potential buyers) spend a lot of money on shopping?
- How can a mobile app become popular in one week?
- Effects if having no rest in summer
- Coke and Pepsi: Their influence on our health
- Causes that explain why children behaving the way they do and some of the common effects
Compare and contrast essay topics for 6th grade
A compare & contrast essay is similar to cause & effect. Look at the list of possible compare & contrast topics.
- Vegetarians vs non-vegetarians: The effects of war
- Choosing between studying French and studying Spanish
- Various approaches to completing homework assignments
- Democracy or dictatorship: Decision in the better option
- What makes college different from the university?
- How is the culture of the United Kingdom different from the culture of the United States?
- Ancient Rome & Ancient Greece: Their role in history
- The impact of Renaissance and Baroque on modern architecture
- Newton’s ideas of gravity and the ideas offered by Einstein: The way both scientists changed the world
- Choosing between the 5-star and 3-star hotels in Mexico
Have you chosen one of the difficult or easy causes and effect essay topics offered on the list? The next step is writing a draft. It may take some time to conduct research, choose the most credible sources, pick the best ideas, and come up with a powerful essay thesis. Is there a way to overcome troubles with homework? Yes, and the solution is in front of you: just click on the button below to move to the official website of talented, qualified writers and editors who specialize in more than 80 academic subjects. Make your first step on the way to excellent cause-&-effect essay!