Trees are very important for our survival in many ways. They clean the soil by filtering sewage and chemicals used in farms. They help control noise pollution and reduce flash flooding.
Trees absorb carbon dioxide which contributes to global warming. They also clean the air by absorbing pollutants like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide. They also help to lower temperatures. They give shade during the summer and act as windbreaks during winter if they are located on the windward side.
They also prevent soil erosion. It is seen that the presence of trees in an area can increase property values by at least 15%. For all these reasons it is very important for us to save trees and increase the green cover of the earth. We can start by planting more trees in our neighborhood.
Image Source : radiogreenearth.org
If we see any indiscriminate felling of trees, we can petition the authorities to stop it. Using less paper products is also a way to save trees for the paper industry needs trees to make paper. Using the computer to store data reduces the need to use paper. In all these ways we can help save trees.
Introduction: Our natural environment and surrounding provides us with everything that we ever need. We get air, water, food, and everything else from the environment
Why should we save environment?
1. Global warming is a serious environmental issue. The continuous emission of carbon dioxide by thermal power generating units is the leading cause for the surge in greenhouse gases.
2. Natural resources are limited. If the natural resources such as oil, coal, etc. are used, one day the world may fall short of these resources.
3. High-level of environmental pollution is detrimental for human and animal health.
4. Forests are fast depleting. It may cause soil erosion and drought situation.
5. Excessive use of pesticides and contamination of soil have negatively affected soil output. These fruits and vegetables are not very healthy for human health.
How to save environment?
1. We should save drinking water. Water is a precious component of our environment. It should never be wasted.
2. We should never pollute water. Efforts should be made in making significant reduction in both domestic and industrial disposal in water bodies.
3. As far as practicable, the waste products should be recycled to make new items. The domestic and industrial garbage should be segregated as recyclable and non-recyclable before being dumped.
4. There should be a zero tolerance policy towards deforestation. Each one of us can contribute towards saving the environment by planting just one tree every-month.
5. We can make donations to NGOs that are engaged in planting trees, or in any-way working towards saving the environment.
6. Safer environmental friendly car and vehicles should be used. For short distances, people should be encouraged to use bicycle in place of motor based vehicles.
7. The use of environment unfriendly materials such as plastic should be discouraged.
8. Instead of dumping domestic garbage in the pond, lake or river, these should
9. A lot of environmental problems would disappear if we stop using petroleum, coal and natural gas as raw-materials for power generation. The focus should entirely shift on renewable sources of energy. The use of renewable sources of energy (example solar energy) would help saving the environment from global warming.